18 IKEA Storage Hacks for Every Room in a House
February 8, 2016 - storage organizer
Some of a best things about IKEA products are their flexibility and unconstrained storage capabilities. Sure, we can hack a RAST and a KALLAX, that make great storage units on their own, though that doesn’t meant we can’t put them — and dozens of other IKEA equipment — to work in other artistic or beautiful ways with a tiny penetrate action. To keep it all contained (and stylish!), check out the IKEA storage hacks next to supplement a tiny additional storage to each room in a house. After all, no section makeover is truly finish until it involves a good IKEA hack, right?
1. Bar Cart Nightstand: Bar cart, shmar transport — that IKEA classical goes from a kitchen to a bedroom though skipping a beat. It’s tiny adequate that it can fit in a minute space, though a 3 tiers meant we get copiousness of storage for your everlasting reading list. (via The Everygirl)
3. Craft Storage: Use a RIBBA design ledges in your bureau or qualification space to arrangement favorite books, prints, ribbons and spools of washi tape. The infrequent arrangement is both flattering and unsentimental and we can simply pierce things around as impulse strikes. (via Decor8)
4. Media Console: Go prolonged and low by purchasing mixed IKEA kitchen cabinets, environment them on a building and adding a surface. You can emanate a media mountain that ideally fits opposite your vital room wall, either it’s dual or 10 units long. (via Villa Luova)
5. TRONES Hallway Storage: Just given a TRONES units were designed to store boots doesn’t meant they can’t be super useful in other rooms. Since they come in sets of threes, we can put them together like LEGOs to fit your space. The units are usually 7 inches deep, that creates them ideal for slight spaces like hallways. (via Apartment Therapy)
6. DIY Faux Brass Drawer Fronts: Those plain white drawer fronts were most done to be lonesome in bullion foil. This is unequivocally a quickest approach to take your IKEA list from critical to severely gorgeous. (via Sugar and Cloth)
7. DIY Mudroom Bench: The STUVA benches offer copiousness of space to store shoes. You can also make a dais some-more durable by screwing it right to a wall and adding a chair of timber planks. (via The Mombot)
8. DIY Picture Frame Tray: When it comes to organizing your closet, trays are a lifesaver for corraling accessories and jewelry. Hack a simple design support into a tray and use it on your sauce table, lavatory countertop or your coffee list to reason remotes and other clutter. (via Melodrama)
9. Topped With Marble: If we like a simple structure of your IKEA dresser, though we wish it to demeanour a bit some-more expensive, dress it adult with a marble top. You can also penetrate a legs by adding new ones or dipping the existent legs in gold. (via Design Love Fest)
10. DIY Floating Credenza: In a tiny homes and apartments, floating cabinets are good storage solutions that mix side list aspect space and storage. They’re also a good DIY for a hothouse or kids’ room given they’re a ideal tallness for tiny ones to simply open and tighten a doors. (via Sugar and Cloth)
11. IKEA Changing Table Makeover: Use lovable hothouse wallpaper to refurbish a plain IKEA HEINSVIK changing table. This is a good choice to portrayal given a paper is easy to mislay and we can play with patterns. (via Poppinette)
12. DIY Retro Sideboard: It’s not accurately a hack, though this DIY buffet was too flattering not to include. A span of oversized knobs — or in this case, doorway handles — can unequivocally make that IKEA storage demeanour like a million bucks. (via Sugar and Cloth)
14. Spice Rack Bookshelf: Paint a IKEA piquancy racks in splendid and confidant colors and use them in a hothouse for a colorful book display. It’s approach easier for tiny ones to find their favorite reads when a covers are confronting them and they don’t need to dig by a normal bookshelf. (via Misspfui)
15. DIY Wardrobe Hack: DIY your possess tradition closet regulating dual RAST dressers and a chest of drawers. Paint a whole section a same tone to make it demeanour like it’s one piece, afterwards supplement a few extra bells and whistles for even some-more storage, like hooks for scarves and jewelry. (via Homemade by Carmona)
16. Bathroom Storage: Pedestal sinks are pretty, though nothing’s some-more frustrating than a penetrate though any storage. This narrow IKEA shelf fits above your sink so we can supplement space to keep soap, candles and toothpaste. (via Yasam Stil)
17. DIY Modern Vanity: Pair a EKBY ALEX shelf with stained and slim timber legs and mountain it right to the wall to make a tiny vanity. Add a high dais with a comfy pillow and you’ve got yourself a ideal place to put your face on. (via A New Bloom)
18. Plate Display: Use IKEA ledges to arrangement collections like musical plates. This is a fun choice if we like switching out your art arrangement and don’t wish a constellation of spike holes to remind we of each change. (via Yvestown)
We wish to see what IKEA pieces you’re hacking! Show us your plan by tagging us on Instagram + regulating hashtag #iamcreative!
About a author
Kate Thorn is an illustrator, foodie, photographer, and blogger during Create Kate. She loves formulating art, traveling, and all things chocolate. A local to a Great Northwest, she is now vital in London and sanctimonious to be a mature grad student.
Find Kate Thorn at