DIY This Hanging Storage Bag and Keep Your Home Office Organized
March 31, 2016 - storage organizer
Spring cleaning can be an intimidating task, generally when it comes to your work space. There’s your craft closet where we only chuck all all winter prolonged and your desk that is starting to demeanour a bit messy. So let’s take a low breath, download a cleaning checklist printable and take a event to try a code new DIY project. This unresolved storage bag is the ideal organizer for paintbrushes, washi fasten and all we have on your desk.
Materials + Tools:
– relating thread
– fabric scissors
– wooden or plastic dowel
– sewing machine
1. Measure a rectangle that’s 17 x 23 inches, and cut it out.
2. Now cut out a rectangle that’s 6 x 18 inches and repeat to emanate dual other large strips.
3. Take your strips and overlay a tip of a prolonged corner over about 1/2 inch. Pin it in place and sew.
4. Repeat step 3, though this time overlay a bottom corner over.
5. Place your strips over a large rectangle, and stitch as shown next to emanate your pockets.
6. Turn a rectangle so that a behind is confronting you. Fold a left, bottom and right edges over about one inch. Pin and stitch in place.
7. Fold over a tip corner about dual inches and stitch again to emanate a loop for your plastic dowel.
8. Measure a core indicate of a organizer, and use your sewing appurtenance to sew from tip to bottom. Just be certain to leave a loop open.
9. Insert your dowel, and tie a twine.
First magnitude a rectangle that’s 17 x 23 inches, and cut it out. This will be a bottom of your organizer. Now, it’s time to consider about a pockets. Cut out three rectangles that are 6 x 18 inches. Then, take your strips and overlay a tip of a prolonged corner over about 1/2 inch to emanate a hem. Pin it in place and sew. Repeat with the bottom edge.
Now, place a pockets over a base rectangle and stitch as shown above. Then, spin a rectangle so that a wrong side is confronting we and overlay a left, bottom and right corner over about one inch. Pin them in place, and stitch regulating your sewing machine. Next fold over a tip corner as well, and stitch to emanate a loop that’s some-more or less two inches wide. This is where you’ll insert your plastic dowel.
Find and mark the core indicate of a organizer, and stitch a true line from tip to bottom. Just be certain to leave a loop open. Finally insert a cosmetic peg and tie a twine. Voilà! You’re prepared to hang a storage bag 🙂
The pockets are ideal for notebooks, pens and knick-knacks.
This post is kitty-cat authorized 🙂
How are we updating your table during open cleaning this year? Follow us on Pinterest for some-more easy ways to modernise your space this spring.
About a author