EES AWARD 2017: EFFICIENCY, SAFETY AND LARGE-SCALE …
May 8, 2017 - storage organizer
Munich, May 8, 2017 – Grid formation of renewable energies, increasing potency and continuance of lithium-ion batteries, and a step towards megawatt output: The ees AWARD 2017 reflects a stream developments in a industry. Finalists for a prestigious endowment have been comparison from a far-reaching operation of general submissions. The winners will be announced during ees Europe, a continent’s largest and many visited muster for batteries and appetite storage systems, during a Innovation and Application Forum on May 31, 2017. The muster takes place together to Intersolar Europe, a world’s largest muster for a solar attention and a partners, from May 31 to Jun 2 in Munich.Over a final few years, a appetite storage attention has boomed. Systems are apropos increasingly affordable – for example, lithium-ion storage systems were 15% cheaper in a second half of 2016 than a start of 2015 – creation it increasingly appealing to deposit in this technology. The growth is being driven by countless innovations that make batteries some-more absolute and some-more reliable. The ees AWARD has been honoring pioneering developments in a attention for 4 years.
The attention is clearly dominated by a topics of potency and durability, that is reflected in a submissions for a 2017 ees AWARD. The immeasurable infancy of projects submitted were in a area of lithium-ion technology, with a noted boost in high-voltage storage systems. Progress has been done in terms of appetite density, ability and lifespan. Easy-to-install modular storage systems are another prohibited topic. Self-configuring battery systems make pattern and designation easier and minimize intensity sources of defect. And to boost functionality, there is a trend towards standardizing interfaces and information logs. Quality and reserve also play an critical purpose among this year’s submissions. The aim is to rise systems that can be used safely for longer, while minimizing handling expenses. Large-scale storage systems in a megawatt operation are gaining a foothold in a market, interjection to a dwindling cost of lithium-ion batteries. These systems support a grid by providing balancing appetite and stabilizing magnitude and voltage, and are used as an puncture appetite supply or mini-grids in multiple with PV and breeze appetite installations. Lead battery systems are also being optimized, and are frequently used in off-grid applications. Here too, there is a trend towards modularity and shortening designation and handling costs. Standardized PV battery systems that are concordant with mini-grids can be scaled to any size, and so make it probable to supply self-controlled and self-learning appetite in remote areas.
An overview of a ees AWARD finalists
– BYD Co. Ltd (China): The warden large-scale storage complement 1.2MVA/1.2MWh Containerized ESS is a megawatt-scale enclosure complement and enables a accumulation of grid government services. It is an critical member for integrating renewable energies into a grid.
– BYD Co. Ltd (China): The B-Box HV is an innovative stackable complement consisting of lithium-ion batteries with a modular pattern and optimized interfaces, creation them stretchable and protected to scale. The B-Box HV can be used both in singular home and blurb storage systems.
– Energy Depot Deutschland GmbH (Germany): The CENTURIO Energy Storage System combines a three-phase hybrid inverter and lithium-ion battery storage modules with a ability of 4.1 kWh each. The storage complement is an fit appetite resolution that can be used as an puncture appetite backup. It boasts a storage ability of adult to 32.8 kWh, a proviso change bucket and a really high control speed.
– IRIS Energy GmbH (Germany): The IRIS Energy – modular appetite storage complement is a three-phase lithium-ion storage complement suitable for blurb applications and comes with a 15-year warranty. The complement enables a boost of self expenditure as good as a rebate of a rise load, a remuneration of reactive output, puncture appetite supply and options for a decentralized control of primary and delegate energy.
– KOSTAL Industrie Elektrik GmbH (Germany): The PLENTICORE and is a three-phase inverter, that is also suitable for intelligent homes. The 3 non-static inputs make it probable to bond adult to 3 PV arrays, or dual PV arrays and a high voltage battery. It is also versed with self-learning algorithms and shading management.
– LG Chem (Korea): The self-configuring Stand-alone Battery Module (SBM) is a lithium battery procedure regulating rarely fit cells with high appetite density. The charging plan guarantees an optimized assign send between battery modules. The procedure is designed as a organic member for a far-reaching operation of applications or for use in complement integrators.
– NIDEC ASI (Italy): NIDEC’s Battery Energy Storage System is a lithium-ion storage complement designed for large-scale installations of adult to 200 MWh for grid support and a sustenance of balancing power. Various grid operators around a universe already use a complement to stabilise magnitude and voltage, as good as for on- and off-grid operations.
– Skeleton Technologies GmbH (Germany): The SkelCap ultracapacitor array uses a graphene-based nanomaterial that achieves a appetite firmness of adult to 110 kW/kg for storing appetite in seconds – this constitutes a 20% boost in electrical ability compared with competitors’ products.
– SolarEdge Technologies (Israel): The StorEdge Inverter with Backup Device Control is a finish PV storage resolution for optimizing particular components. This enables a far-reaching operation of applications, from boosting self-consumption to appetite government and puncture appetite supply, as good as rise changeable and a formation of thermal loads.
– SOLARWATT GmbH (Germany): SOLARWATT Matrix is a modular lithium-ion storage complement that can be scaled adult to megawatt turn and is easy to install. Thanks to a approach DC coupling to a PV installation, a complement achieves a high turn of efficiency.
Visitors to ees Europe will be means to see a superb peculiarity of a finalist initial palm on May 31, 2017, when a companies will be presenting their projects. The winners will be announced during 5:00pm as partial of a special endowment rite during a Innovation and Application Forum during Intersolar Europe (hall A4, counter A4.530) , that is holding place during a same time in Munich.
Image source: © Solar Promotion GmbH
ees Europe 2017 will take place alongside Intersolar Europe from May 31 – Jun 2 during Messe München; a ees Europe Conference will be hold on May 30 and 31 during ICM – Internationales Congress Center München.
Further information on ees Europe 2017 can be found during www.ees-europe.com.
The tellurian ees muster array is a attention height for manufacturers, distributors, users and suppliers of still and mobile electricity storage systems. The ees exhibitions are hold underneath a running element Charging a destiny and co-organized with Intersolar, a heading muster array for a solar industry. The ees exhibitions and concomitant ees conferences are dedicated to renewable appetite storage solutions, from residential and blurb applications to large-scale storage systems for stabilizing a grid. Other focal points are products and solutions for intelligent renewable energy, appetite management, e-mobility and uninterruptible appetite supply (UPS).
With ees Europe in Munich, ees North America in San Francisco, ees India in Mumbai, and ees South America in São Paulo, ees is now represented on 4 continents. ees Europe is a continent’s largest muster with a biggest series of visitors for a battery and appetite storage industry.
For some-more information, greatfully visit: www.electrical-energy-storage.events
Organizer: ees Europe is orderly by Solar Promotion GmbH, Pforzheim and Freiburg Wirtschaft Touristik und Messe GmbH Co. KG (FWTM). The exhibitions in North America, India and South America are orderly by a general auxiliary companies Solar Promotion International GmbH